This is the News Analysis segment of the Voice of Biafra International (VOBI) broadcasts
For March 4th, 2006
You have heard the news; now, the analysis…
Although we do not have to repeat it, because you already know what to do about the planned Nigerian Census, which is to boycott it, allow us to emphasize that we must boycott this census. And even though you know and you understand, still, let us remind you why we have chosen to boycott this census.
1) Can you trust Nigeria to be fair to Ndigbo? No. Can you count on Nigeria to be fair to Biafra and Biafrans? Never!
Consider the recent killing of the Igbo and other Biafrans in Northern Nigeria. Was it provoked by the Igbo or Biafrans? No! Has Nigeria ever arrested and or tried and or convicted any Northern Nigerian—any Nigerian—for this senseless murder of our people, a crime specifically targeted against us because we are Igbo and Biafran? No! Nigeria cannot protect us. Nigeria will use the census as one more weapon to cheat and hurt the Igbo and other Biafrans. It is now in our hands to not allow this to happen.
2) Nigeria lies; Nigerians either believe the lies or will not insist on the truth. So, when such lies are against the Igbo and Biafrans, as the lies usually are, no one will protect the Igbo and Biafrans; no one will challenge the lies; no one will insist on the truth. Everyone will accept Nigeria’s deliberate lies against us, so, once again, we will be cheated. The Census by Nigeria is another big opportunity for Nigeria to lie about the true population of the Igbo and Biafrans. And, Nigeria will get away with it, because, the European Union is behind Nigeria. The Igbo and other Biafran so-called governors will not reject the lying figures fudged by Nigeria. Ohaneze? Ha, ha, ha. Senators or Representatives from Igboland or Biafraland will have no say and can do nothing. So, it is up to us to spoil Nigeria’s sport and their fun, at the expense of our people, which they are preparing with this census.
3) Those in charge of the Nigerian census, (the head of that department) are mainly Northerners. Along with the government of Obasanjo, they have made it specifically clear that they are not interested in factual figures from the census: their whole interest is to produce a result which is “politically expedient” (yes, that’s the exact expression the Northern Nigerian headman used, reflecting the policy of Nigeria and Obasanjo’s government). This translates into: census results will definitely be cooked to be politically acceptable. Politically acceptable to whom? We know that the only thing— where the Igbo or Biafrans are concerned in Nigeria—which is politically acceptable to Nigeria is that which cheats and humiliates the Igbo and Biafrans. This time around, we have a say, and we say, No! Do not use us like that: we will not allow ourselves to be used and cheated again!
4) The census is not designed to count the Igbo or other Biafrans. First, there is no way to know from the count how many Igbo or how many Biafrans there are. By deliberately refusing to include Ethnicity data in the census, Nigeria has already decided to cheat the Igbo and other Biafrans who will be counted wherever else they reside, thereby making sure that only the fraction of the Igbo and Biafrans living at home in Igboland-Biafraland can be counted therein. The rest will be counted among the Northerners and Westerners where they are even properly and technically referred to as “settlers” by the same “indigenes” whose numbers they will now swell. (Another thing that will happen is that Hausa-Fulani from Niger will pour into Northern Nigeria and be counted there. Recall that at the height of the famine in Niger within the last year, an estimated [by the Nigerian government] 5 million persons from Niger infiltrated into Northern Nigeria, and the Niger government still claimed that it was completely unaware of that]. Second, and most obvious, none of the Igbo or other Biafrans living abroad will be counted, and it is a well known fact that Igbo and Biafrans form the majority of persons from Nigeria living outside of Nigeria and outside of Biafraland-Igboland: from West Africa to the entire African Continent, to the Americas and European Continent. So do not be deceived into thinking that we could ordinarily get an accurate count of Igbo or Biafra with this planned Nigeria census exercise. We truly have nothing to lose by boycotting the census, and yet, we have everything to gain by the boycott, because we will have stopped the deliberate cheating of our people—own selves—by Nigeria.
5) Even the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has decided to chicken out, merely criticizing the elimination of Religion from the Census data, yet, backing out of the initial threatened boycott. It is now up to us to let our God know that we refuse to allow ourselves to be cheated; that we refuse to participate in what is obviously patently unfair and fraudulent, because it is not in God’s commandment nor His will for us His children to partake in this unjust process, especially when we know beforehand the injustice of it all. He is a just God—our God; we have a moral duty to shun injustice, if not resist and fight against it outright. We shall boycott this unjust census.
6) Remember what Obasanjo and his government say they want to do with the census results: allocate resources according to the census figures. What / whose resources? 95% of such comes from Biafraland. Using the census figures which we already know they are going to cook up in order for the count to be politically acceptable (to Western Nigeria because of Obasanjo; and to Northern Nigeria), and which are designed to undercount our people in the first place, anyway, Nigeria has finally found a way to justify the stealing of the wealth of Biafra and using such to develop Western Nigeria and Northern Nigeria. Remember where all the major so-called federal infrastructures are being constructed now? In Western Nigeria, because of Obasanjo; in Obasanjo’s home State, in Obasanjo’s hometown; and in Northern Nigeria. Now, they will use the rigged census figures to justify this fraud. When we refuse to be counted, when we boycott this census, we will have done our part in not participating in the legitimization of a scheme which is deliberately designed to, and used to, cheat us.
Boycott the census. It is a moral duty. It is the one thing which is in your / our own power to influence. Do it, for the sake of justice, if for nothing else.
So, make certain that you CAUSE yourself to NOT BE AVAILABLE to be counted.
Biafra alive! Biafra is the answer. 2006 brings us Biafra actualized—Amen. For, God makes it so.
That’s the News Analysis for the week.
God bless and keep Biafra, and you, until our next broadcast. Voice of Biafra International (VOBI) broadcast continues (http://www.biafraland.com/vobi.htm), now with the summary of the News Analysis in Igbo language.
Ndi Biafra, ekele e o-o! Anyi e kelee unu.
Nkea wu akuko nke anyi na a kpo News Analysis si na Voice of Biafra International Radio, di na Washington DC, na ala America, na a bia ra unu na abali a.
Anyi ma na unu a marala na anyi e kwerela e kwere na anyi a naghi e so e me Census ndi Nigeria. Nkea wu ka anyi ji mee ka unu e chefughila ihe mere anyi ji ju i me census ya.
Mmadu a gaghi a gwa unu a gwa na o nweghi eziokwu di Nigeria ma o wu Obasanjo na ndi otu ya na onu. O wu naani asi ka ha na a tu na mgbe na ile. Ihe o wula ha gwara unu gbasara Census wu ugha—nnukwu asi. Uwa a marala na ihe o wula a ga a guta na census ya, Obasanjo na ndi otu ya na ndi Ugwu Awusa ga a e meghari ya otu o ga e si a so ha. Cheta kwa unu ihe ha mere na election gara a ga; lee kwa nu ihe ha na e me ugbua i ji ike na aghugho mee ka Obasanjo ka noro na okwa President Nigeria gafee afo 2007. O wu otu aka a ka ha ga e ji e were ogugu census ya mee ihe osoro ha, otu o jiri so ha.
Mara kwa unu na Obasanjo si na ya ga e ji onu-ogugu census ya were kee ihe Nigeria kpatara na ego. Ma, anyi a hukwala na o wuru na e kewaa ego na a biara obodo Nigeria ogu uzo, uzo iri-na-itoli na ime ogu uzo a si na ala Biafra a puta. Ma lee unu anya otu Obasanjo na ndi otu ya si a gu onu census ya: ha mere ya ka a guda ndi Igbo ndi Biafra, were ogugu ha nye ndi Ugwu Awusa na ndi Yoruba, ebe otutu ndi Igbo ndi Biafra hapuru ala Igbo – ala Biafra ga biri. Obasanjo na ndi otu ya mara-uma si na mgbe a na a gu ogugu ya, a gaghi e de ma o wu guo ebe mmadu si—ma o wu onye Igbo onye Biafra ma o wu onye Awusa. Mgbe e jiri otua mee census ya, mgbe ahu, onu a gutara ndi Igbo ndi Biafra a gaghi e shinne na ala Igbo ala Biafra; kama, o ga a gunye ndi Igbo ndi Biafra na ala ndi Awusa na Yoruba. Na otu aka ahu kwa, ha a choghi i gu ndi mmadu na ihe ha na e kpe—ma o wu Jesu Kristi (Christian), ma o wu Alakoba (Muslim) ma o wu ihe ozo.
Ihe wu kwa nu oke ihe n wuta na ihea wu na Obasanjo na ndi otu ya “foji” sia kwa census ya, o nweghi ihe onye o wula nwere ike ime gbasara ya. Kama, ndi Oyibo na ndi ozo ga a kwu ya, na wuru-wuru census ya, na azu. Otua, Obasanjo na ndi otu ya na ndi Awusa e jila megbue ndi Igbo ndi Biafra ozo, ma o nweghi ihe a ga e me gbasara ya—ma o wulaghidi ndi Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
O wu na ihi nkea ka anyi ga a ju census Nigeria. O wu na ezi na Obasanjo na ndi Awusa na a kpa nganga na o nweghi ihe ndi Nigeria puru i me gbasara census wuru-wuri ya. Ma anyi ga e zi ha na onye o wula na ime anyi nwere ike--Ike nke Chineke kere, nye ya; na onye ahu ga e were ike nke ya na aka nke ya, si, Mba! na Nigeria a gaghi a gu ya onu. O wu otua ka anyi ga e me.
Onye a noghikwa la ebe a ga a hu ya guo ya onu na census Nigeria. Onye e kweghikwala ka a guo ya onu na census wuru-wuru ndi Nigeria.
Biafra, ndu gi! Biafra, ndu gi!! Biafra, ndu gi!!!—na ndu anyi kwa. Maka Chineke nonyere la gi—nonyere kwa ra anyi!
Voice of Biafra International (VOBI) broadcast continues
Voice of Biafra International (VOBI)
A SHORTWAVE Radio Broadcast Service
transmitting on 7380 kHz (on 41 meter band)
at 2100 - 2200 Hours UTC (Universal Time [Coordinated])
equivalent to 10.00pm - 11.00pm Biafraland time
every Saturday and every Wednesday..
A project of Biafra Foundation (BF) and Biafra Actualization Forum (BAF)