This is the News Analysis segment of the Voice of Biafra International (VOBI) broadcasts
For February 22nd 2003
You have heard the news, now, the analysis…
We thank you all for answering positively to our call for unity and solidarity of all peoples of Biafra, and the expression of this unity by all voting as one people for APGA and Ojukwu; and by giving APGA and Ojukwu all your support. Let us remind you that only just a few short weeks ago, Igbo-Biafrans were considered irrelevant in these elections; they were being mocked and laughed at, and nobody gave any thought, never mind, any chance, to an Igbo Presidential candidate. Today, it is a different story—as you can see. But, it is not over yet; we have to press on with absolute unity and unprecedented solidarity until we grab the prize, which is the realization of our destiny, the Sovereign Independent Nation of Biafra. In the mean time, our tormentors and detractors and enemies and enslavers have been surprised. They will try to bounce back from this surprise, but we are ready for them.
Fellow Biafrans, remember, no matter what they—whoever—throw at us, whenever, we have only one response: Unity and Solidarity of Biafrans, expressed as block vote for APGA and Ojukwu, and maximum support for APGA and Ojukwu. What will the enemy do next?
- They will throw money at you. Well, remember where they got the money from? Remember the salaries they have not paid workers for months? Remember the unpaid pensions? Remember contract money taken and pocketed by the contractors, with a cut for the government officials, but no work was done? And, ultimately, where did all the money come from? Biafran Oil money, of course! So, if they give you money, take it, and spend it. It is your money to start with; they stole it from you in the first place. You are only getting back a small fraction of what is yours. After you take the money, get out and still vote for APGA and Ojukwu. Go out and still support APGA and Ojukwu.
- They will intimidate you. They will use everything they can, including the threat and actual commission of physical violence. But, do you know what? They cannot touch you—they will be afraid to touch you—when we are united as a people and are in solidarity. They will know that any such exercise is futile and meaningless when they sense your determination and unwavering commitment to vote for and support APGA and Ojukwu.. When you stick to that principle and course of action, they will leave you alone. One response, just one: Vote and support for APGA and Ojukwu as an attestation of our Unity and Solidarity as a people.
- They will try to cause division among you, because they have realized that when we are united, and in solidarity, we are unbeatable, a formidable fortress. They will sponsor saboteurs and instigateurs to try to break our united ranks. They will use lies, character assassination, false accusation, trumped up charges, bribery, blackmail, rumors to try to mess up our solidarity. They will surely fail when we maintain our unity and solidarity and keep our pledge to vote for and support APGA and Ojukwu.
- They will rig the elections when all the above has failed or they will scuttle the elections before we get to the elections. They may even instigate a military coup just to counter the power of our unity and solidarity and our united action. For any of these scenarios, there is still one effective answer from us: we maintain our unity and solidarity, and our unwavering support for APGA and Ojukwu. As long as we do this, we are invincible. United and in solidarity as a people, and with all our vote and support pledged to only APGA and Ojukwu, we have managed to grab our own destiny in our own hands.
Fellow Biafrans: Can you see how the only comprehensive and effective answer to anything and everything about our plight in Nigeria today is Unity and Solidarity, and the expression of such Unity and Solidarity as a block vote and unqualified support for APGA and Ojukwu? This is all we ask of you. Unity and solidarity; vote and support for APGA and Ojukwu. In return, you shall be witnesses to the power of Unity and Solidarity to bring to fruition what God has ordained for His blessed land, Biafra , and His talented people, Biafrans. In return, you shall be the beneficiaries of the natural blessings bestowed on you and your land, Biafraland, by God.
Because we do not intend to leave any Biafran outside this Unity and Solidarity, we have some words and recommendations for the following:
- Ekwueme: it’s time to let go of your personal pursuits to make Nigeria one to the detriment of yourself and more importantly, to the detriment of millions of Biafrans. While you may not mind being made a fool of and being mocked, you must know that such negatives are rubbing off on the entire Igbo-Biafran race. Do you really owe more to Nigeria than to your own people? You must turn around now and return to the fold of our unity and solidarity as one people of Biafra . It is time for you to declare for APGA and Ojukwu, to declare for the Unity and solidarity of our people.
- Iwuanyanwu: You cannot pretend that the “game” is democracy any more, or even “…may the best candidate win…” You must know that it is really all about regionality and ethnic politics. Take a look at your children, your family, and tell them why you are going to buy up Igbo votes to be used to enthrone a Yoruba man when the Yoruba, having lined up behind their kinsman, are not going to vote for the Igbo; and the Northerners are lined up behind their own kinsman, with no intention of voting for the Igbo? How do you defend the known record of this Yoruba man as an Igbo-Biafran tormentor and hater to your family? How do you respond to our people hurting and dying from Obasanjo-Northern-PDP stranglehold on Biafraland? We urge you to return to your people now and join our Unity and Solidarity and support APGA and Ojukwu. While you may argue that you did not make a mistake initially, you cannot deny the fact that the atmospherics have changed, and the rules of the game have drastically changed to “every region for its own self.” You must decide that you are what you are—an Igbo, and not a Yoruba. Join us now. APGA; Ojukwu; Unity and Solidarity.
- Ohaneze: we are not interested in whose payroll you are individually on. Which political bedfellow you are sleeping with is your own business. But, you must do Igbo business now, or relegate your corporate existence to irrelevancy, and your individual selves to ridicule and shame. Igbo business demands Unity and Solidarity now, and united action. This united action is the full and total support of APGA and Ojukwu by all our people, and block vote for APGA and Ojukwu. We are doing that; you may join us now, or we are moving on with or without you. We have no intention of leaving you behind, though, because we are not leaving anybody behind. So, join us now. Unity and Solidarity for Ndigbo-Biafrans. Block vote for APGA and Ojukwu. Total support for APGA and Ojukwu.
- All other political candidates: bring all Biafrans and other resources with you from whatever party you now belong, and return home to your own people, to join our Unity and solidarity and our total support for APGA and Ojukwu; commit everybody and everything to vote for APGA and Ojukwu. Your political ambitions will have another and better opportunity for fulfillment: when we get to Biafra . It is in fact in Biafra that you will demonstrate what you can really do as a politician, seeing how the structure of one Nigeria turns even the brightest and best of you into corrupt, selfish, money-grabbing self-successionists whose only impact is a very negative difference in the lives of the masses who voted you in. It is only our unity and solidarity expressed as support of APGA and Ojukwu now, that shall usher us to our God-ordained Promised Land of Biafraland where you can then become all that you were meant to be. Join us now.
- The elite: Ah, the elite. You are smart and savvy. Why continue your academic exercises and discourses and hesitation when you can see the Yoruba fully behind Obasanjo and the North behind Buhari? What would you prove but the folly of the self-styled “wise Igbo” if you vote outside of the Igbo-Biafran structure of Unity and Solidarity and total support of APGA and Ojukwu? Please, don’t let them laugh at you; if you don’t mind that, then, don’t let them laugh at the Igbo-Biafran Nation. It hurts too much. Join us in Unity and Solidarity. Support APGA and Ojukwu. Vote for APGA and Ojukwu.
Fellow Biafrans: another name for unity and solidarity and united popular action is PEOPLE POWER! In our block-voting and full support for APGA and Ojukwu as a show of our Unity and Solidarity as a people, the Nation of Biafra, we have become PEOPLE POWER. PEOPLE POWER has never failed to produce the desired results, even against all odds, including against wealthy thieving opponents and crafty tenacious incumbency.
People Power! God’s Power. Unity and Solidarity; God’s vehicle. Support and vote for APGA and Ojukwu, fully and en masse—the only logical action required of the people. It is thus that we advance into Biafra , the land that God has prepared for and given to us. It is working. It works!
That’s the news analysis for this week. Thank you.
God bless and keep Biafra, and you, until our next broadcast. Voice of Biafra Interntional (VOBI) broadcasts continues (http://www.biafraland.com/vobi.htm) . Thank you.